Value Creation & Exchange Part 2: Knowing Your Target Market
Further investigate the value creation and exchange of your idea.
This module extends on the concepts introduced in Value Creation & Exchange Part 1 and focuses on knowing your your target market and how to communicate your value to them effectively.
In this module, you will address the following questions:
- What is your target market?
- How do you communicate the value with an understanding of who you market is?
By the end of this module, you will:
- Comparing the value of your offerings to those of your competitors
- Express the value of your product/service through compelling usage scenarios
- Assess opportunities for new products or markets
Take a screenshot of the summary page if you are completing this module as a grade.
A script for the audio is available, as well as an instructor guide and assets.
Next Steps & Resources
(1) Contact Your Business Librarian
- Access proprietary resources to find industry information, reports and statistics
- For U of T book a research consultation
(2) Explore More Resources
(3) Take Other Modules
Other modules in the University of Toronto Scarborough The BRIDGE Entrepreneurship Open Learning Series include:
- Value Creation and Exchange Part 1
- Entrepreneurship Research 101 Part 1: Understanding Market Research Strategies
- Entrepreneurship Research Part 2: Identifying and Finding Industry Research
- Self-Assessment: Are you an Entrepreneur?
Start your entrepreneurship journey with The BRIDGE’s New Venture Program open learning series and explore basic business principles to help perfect your business plans and pitches.
This module is developed by Sarah Shujah, Danielle Moed, Al Hearn, Bill McConkey, with additional contributions from David Fenton.