Value Creation & Exchange Part 1: Understanding Utility & Value Propositions
Begin to investigate the value creation and exchange of your idea.
This module will focus on understanding and communicating your value through utility and value proposition.
In this module, you will address the following questions:
- What is value creation and exchange?
- How can you develop product and service concepts with a focus on value and communicate that effectively?
By the end of this module, you will:
- Analyze products and services in order to break them down into their utility components
- Assess the value of a product or services from the perspective of a typical user
Take a screenshot of the summary page if you are completing this module as a grade.
Next Steps & Resources
(1) Contact Your Business Librarian
- Access proprietary resources to find industry information, reports and statistics
- For U of T book a research consultation
(2) Explore More Resources
(3) Take Other Modules
Other modules in the University of Toronto Scarborough The BRIDGE Entrepreneurship Open Learning Series include:
- Value Creation and Exchange Part 2
- Entrepreneurship Research 101 Part 1: Understanding Market Research Strategies
- Entrepreneurship Research 101 Part 2: Identifying and Finding Industry Research
- Self-Assessment: Are you an Entrepreneur?
Start your entrepreneurship journey with The BRIDGE’s New Venture Program open learning series and explore basic business principles to help perfect your business plans and pitches.
This module is developed by Sarah Shujah, Danielle Moed, Al Hearn, Bill McConkey, with additional contributions from David Fenton.