Please note that we are currently working on creating documentation and tutorials for this site. If you have any questions or you are experiencing issues, please contact us at email@example.com
Access & Accounts
Accounts are available automatically to anyone with an email address associated with one of our 45 member institutions. Please contact open@ecampusontario if you are unable to register with your institutional email address.
Creating H5P Content
All logged in users have the ability to create H5P content. Simply click the "Create" button in the top menu bar. To get started, click the "Tour" button for a quick guided tour around the creation features of eCampusOntario H5P Studio.
To create new content, start by selecting one of the 40+ available content types. Each content type will have an example and a tutorial to help you get started. Click "Details" to learn more about the content type or to view a content demo.
Uploading content created elsewhere
You may also use eCampusOntario H5P Studio to share or modify H5P content created on other sites. To do so, first download the H5P content you wish to share by selecting the "reuse" button at the bottom of the module. If this option is not available, the author has not made the content available for modification. Then, visit eCampusOntario H5P Studio and select "Create" from the top menu bar. Select "Upload" and choose the downloaded H5P files from your local computer. The module, as well as any associated metadata, will then be available for you to share or modify.
Adding Licenses and other Metadata to your Content
The eCampusOntario H5P Studio catalogue can be sorted by license. Licenses and attribution must be applied while creating the H5P content. To add this information, select the "Metadata" button beside the title. A pop-up window will appear allowing you to select a license. By default, the license is listed as "undisclosed." In the metadata interface, you are also able to add the date, source URL, author(s), and license extras. You can also add a changelog to document any modifications you've made.
All metadata added will transfer with any adaptation or reuse of your module.
At the bottom of the H5P editor you will see a checkbox labeled "Display buttons (download, embed and copyright). This box is checked by default. The following options are available:
- Allow users to download the content: To allow downloads of your content as an .h5p file to use or modify on other sites.
- Embed button: To allow embedding of your content as an iframe on other sites.
- Copyright button: To display the associated copyright and licensing information.
eCampusOntario H5P Studio Description/Options
In addition to the H5P metadata, eCampusOntario H5P Studio allows you to include additional descriptive information to make your content more discoverable, including:
- Descriptive Title: This title will be used when displaying content within this site. Make it descriptive enough for others to easily identify the purpose of your content.
- Subject: Select one or more of the pre-defined subject areas your content covers.
- Description: A brief description of the goal or intended use of your content to help others understand.
- Keywords: Additional words that will group content. Choose from existing keywords or create new keywords.
- Work in Progress (WIP): Indicate that this content is not ready for use or is unfinished. Content that is marked as a Work in Progress will not be listed in the catalogue, but can be listed in a users' profile
- Show in Catalogue: Allow others to discover this content using the catalogue.
- Show in Profile: Display this content on your eCampusOntario H5P Studio Profile. Other logged in users can visit your profile to see a portfolio of your content.
H5P is continuously improving the accessibility of its various content types. For an up to date list of content accessibility, visit H5P.org's Content Type Accessibility Overview.
Content Results (under development)
Content results are available when other logged in users complete an interactive module you've created. Only creators of the module will be able to see content results. The last result from each user will be available.
This feature is currently under development and is being actively improved.